Success is desirable, yet few achieve it. Some start out valiantly in the direction of success but quit along the way. Those who have what we want, paid a price to have it. The onlookers, the haters, the jealous, the admirer – all acknowledge the success but may not know the price paid, or worse – choose to ignore there was one.
Success Slips that Suck!
I have been watching this play out in my TV Producer class I just completed. The price tag for this course in a college setting is $30K+. In a local vocational school, the price tag was $15K. I was among the lucky few who qualified for a grant, and so was able to enjoy this course with no cash out of pocket. The others who also qualified have been M.I.A. HUH? How do they receive a gift like this and not take the action to complete the course?
Luke 14:28 “Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won’t you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it?”
Weight loss, career advancement, financial success, a beautiful marriage – these are some success outcomes that many wish for themselves. The thing is, it cost something to have these things. Life is not a perfect fairytale. Hardships, setbacks, unfair circumstances are a reality for all of us. Pushing through these situations to enjoy the outcomes we desire seems to be a missing ingredient in the average person today.
Success comes at a Price
- It costs something to have what you want, and that price is not always quoted in dollars.
- For some, it is getting up an hour earlier to head to get that workout done, to make those sales calls when the house is quiet.
- It may be following up with those who told you “No!”, 7+ more times because you understand No often means, not now, or not with you.
- It may mean spending some money for a Coach or a new technology to cut your timeline to success in half.
- It may mean separating yourself from the toxic people in your life.
Just know, success comes at a personal sacrifice.
If success was easy to achieve, everyone would have it, and that is absolutely not our reality.
My mentor Grant Cardone, recently posted this graphic to social media and I just had to share it with you. Before you open your mouth to utter another excuse, reason, justification, as to why you are not on your path to success; let me invite you to ditch your victim mentality and arise in confidence in the name of Jesus.
Bible Verses to Encourage the Success Seeker
Here are a few Bible verses to encourage the Christian income earner to stay strong and pursue success:
Philippians 4:13 (You know this one had to be here) “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength”
Psalms 1:1-3 “Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers.”
Deuteronomy 8:18 “But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today.”
1. Believe you will be successful, and work as if you believe that.
2. Need accountability? Would you benefit from having someone in your life to call you out when the BS creeps back into your mind, words, and action? Connect with me – yep! That might cost you beyond the initial free discovery consultation, but if you move past your BS to success, it will be worth it.
Do you need help to improve in the fitness area of your life? Increase your energy? Increase your confidence about how you look in your clothes or as you present your product or presentation? Check out my $1 BABY STEPS TO FITNESS Challenge Group.